Whitby Lifeboat Station
Welcome to the third of seven gallery pages presenting photographs dedicated to the dismantling and removal of Whitby Lifeboat Station. The following images show only the base remaining. The removal of the building itself leaves a huge whole that looks unsightly at best. From any angle it is sad to see the removal of a building that has served as the RNLI focal point since 1919.
Whitby Lifeboat Station was established by the Whitby Lifeboat Association in 1802, initially on the west side of the town. The building of the station removed was completed in 1919, whereas its removal heralds a new beginning for the town and a proud crew. The following buttons link to the other gallery pages.
Copyright © Colin Brittain 2022 All Rights Reserved.